Jon Ossoff, Georgia
Today, despite "technical problems," Democrat Jon Ossoff won over 48% of the votes in the special election for Georgia's 6th district. That's more than twice what the closest Republican contender received (19.8%). It's a huge victory for a district that's been Republican-controlled for 35 years.
However, since Ossoff didn't receive at least 50% of the votes, there will be a runoff election between him and the top Republican candidate, Karen Handel, on June 20th. Whether or not you live in Georgia, you can volunteer to help get Georgians out to vote for Ossoff in June. Sign up here:
Rob Quist, Montana
On May 25th, there will be a special election for Montana's only Congressional district. Democratic candidate Rob Quist is gaining popularity with his recent endorsement from Senator Bernie Sanders. This election is a great opportunity to turn Montana blue and get a progressive representative in the House.
You can help get Montanans out to vote for Quist by from anywhere in the country by making phone calls using the Democratic Coalition's National Digital Phone Bank system. Sign up here:
The Environment - Paris Climate Agreement
45's administration is currently discussing "whether to recommend  withdraw the United States from the Paris climate accord." This historic agreement with nearly 200 others countries would significantly reduce carbon emissions in the United States by 2025. Here's how you can help keep the U.S. in the Paris Climate Agreement.
- Sign a petition. Sign the following petitions to tell 45 not to pull U.S. out of the Paris Climate Agreement:
- From Senator Kamala Harris: http://go.kamalaharris.org/page/s/paris-accord
- From Public Citizen:
- Working Families Flexibility Act: Republicans in Congress have introduced the Working Families Flexibility Act, which would allow employers to delay paying any wages for overtime work for as long as 13 months. Use the following link to email your representative and tell them to oppose this bill:
- Presidential Tax Transparency Act: Senators Chris Murphy and Ron Wyden have introduced the Presidential Tax Transparency Act, which would require 45 and all future presidential nominees to release their tax returns to the public. Sign the following petition to support this bill: https://donate.chrismurphy.com/page/signup/trump-taxes
- Affordable Care Act: After failing to "repeal and replace" the Affordable Care Act (ACA), 45 recently suggested that he and other Republicans would move to sabotage healthcare for millions of Americans by cutting off funding for the ACA's subsidies for lower income consumers. Sign the following petition to demand that Congress continue funding ACA subsidies:
- Online Privacy: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is considering an invasive update to procedures for travelers entering the U.S. These new rules would force some travelers to provide the passwords to their social media accounts if they want to to enter the country. Sign the following petition to tell DHS Secreatary John Kelly to reject this proposal: