Earlier this week, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick announced that he was leaving Trump's 15-member council of business leaders in response to a public outcry. However, the CEOs of Disney, Tesla, IBM, and Pepsi are still working with Trump. Here are some ways that you can help convince them to follow Kalanick's example and quit.
- Sign a petition. Sign this petition to tell business leaders on Trump's council to stop enabling Trump: https://act.credoaction.com/sign/Trump_CEOs
- Send a message to Bob Iger. Disney CEO Bob Iger has already started skipping meetings of Trump's council. Use this form to send a message Iger and tell him to quit for good: http://act.freepress.net/sign/trump_disney_dump/
Secretary of Education: Betsy DeVos
Early yesterday morning, the Senate voted to push through DeVos's confirmation hearing. The final hearing will be held on Monday. Two Republican senators have already pledged to vote against DeVos. If one more Republican senator opposes her, she will not be confirmed. If not, the vote will end in a tie and Vice President Mike Pence will make the final decision. Here's how you can help block DeVos's confirmation.
- Sign petitions. Sign the following petitions telling the Senate to vote no on DeVos.
- From the Democratic National Committee: http://my.democrats.org/page/s/stop-betsy-devos
- From Senator Dick Durbin: https://durbin.cp.bsd.net/page/signup/urge-senate-republicans-to-vote-against-devos
Attorney General: Jeff Sessions
Earlier this week, Jeff Sessions's confirmation was approved by committee. His hearing will now go to the Senate floor. Sessions is known for his anti-voting rights stances and for losing a federal judgeship in 1986 over racist remarks. Here's how you can help block Sessions.
- Sign a petition. Sign this petition to tell the Senate to oppose Sessions: https://secure2.convio.net/comcau/site/Advocacy;jsessionid=00000000.app212a?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=1929
EPA Administrator: Scott Pruitt
Scott Pruitt has a reputation for working to for big businesses at the expensive of the American people and the environment. Earlier this week, he was approved by committee, and his hearing will now go to the Senate floor. Here's how you can help block his confirmation:
- Call your senators. Use the following form, text PRUITT to 877-877, or call 1-855-621-7808 to be connected to your senators and tell them to vote no on Pruitt: https://www.lcv.org/take-action/click-to-call-pruitt/
Today, following yesterday's ruling by a federal judge, the Department of Homeland Security suspended Trump's unconstitutional Muslim ban, and the State Department reversed the cancellation of visas that were provisionally revoked last week. In the wake of the ban, rumors of mass deportations have spread fear throughout the country. Here's how you can stand with immigrants in your community.
- Sign a petition. Sign this petition to pledge to resist the Trump administration's policy proposals to target and deport undocumented immigrants: https://action.groundswell-mvmt.org/petitions/we-pledge-to-resist-deportation-and-discrimination-through-sanctuary
- Take the pledge. Take this pledge to support civil disobedience to help protect undocumented immigrants from deportation: https://action.groundswell-mvmt.org/petitions/we-support-civil-disobedience-as-a-form-of-moralresistance
- The Dakota Access Pipeline: Trump is trying to rush the Army Corps of Engineers' environmental review of the DAPL, but public comments are still open. Use this form to submit a comment and help delay construction of the pipeline: http://act.350.org/letter/dapl-comment
- Tweet Your Members of Congress: A study by the Congressional Management Foundation found that legislators and staffers respond to Tweets more than any other type of communication. Use this list to find your members of Congress and make your voice heard: http://triagecancer.org/congressional-twitter-handles
- #TwitterBait: Use Trump's favorite communication tool, Twitter, to speak out against him and keep the pressure on. Copy and paste the following Tweet:
.@realDonaldTrump HIGHEST disapproval ratings/LOWEST integrity, you're an embarrassment & everyone knows it #TwitterBait via @cicero_inst RT