|Not My Presidents Day protesters in my home city of Philadelphia, 2/20/17, from Philly.com|
45's Ties to Russia - Flynnghazi
This weekend, five current and former government officials reported that the FBI is pursuing at least three separate probes relating to Russian hacking of the U.S. presidential elections. Meanwhile, a former CIA operative claimed that intelligence workers are "plotting against" 45 and trying to take him down by withholding or leaking sensitive information due to his ties to Russia. It's clear that a thorough, independent investigation into 45's Russian ties is needed. Here's how you can help push for it.
- Call the Senate Intelligence Committee and your members of Congress. This committee has taken the lead into the Russia inquiry, but it does not traditionally operate in a bi-partisan manner. Use the information below and at the following link to call or fax the committee and your members of Congress (MoC) and urge them to request a bi-partisan committee to investigate 45's ties to Russia: http://us14.campaign-archive2.com/?u=542e52557cb249fb2535906ea&id=d6e2e37a09&e=afc55cc194
- Sign petitions. Sign the following petitions demanding an independent investigation of 45's ties to Russia:
- Neil Gorsuch, Supreme Court: Confirmation hearings for Gorsuch will begin on March 20th. Republicans hope to have him confirmed before the Easter recess in April. Gorsuch has an extreme record in line with the religious right and anti-government think tanks. Use this link to email your senators and tell them to block Gorsuch:
- Alexander Acosta, Labor Secretary: Recently, Andrew Puzder was withdrawn as 45's nominee for Labor Secretary. Acosta, 45's new nominee, was head of the Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division during the Bush Administration. At that time, Republicans in Ohio were engaged in a scheme to restrict voting in predominately Black voting districts by sending in volunteers to challenge people's eligibility to vote. Acosta sent a letter defending the scheme. Sign this petition to demand that Congress reject Acosta:
- Kellyanne Conway, Advisor to 45: From her invention of "alternative facts" to her made up "Bowling Green massacre" to her promotion of 45's daughter's clothing line on national TV, Conway has shown that she is unethical and unqualified for a position in the White House. Sign this petition to demand that she be immediately fired and replaced:
The best way to fight back against 45 and his one-sided Republican Congress is to make sure we elect more Democrats in 2018 or sooner. Here's how you can help.
- Support Jon Ossoff. On April 18th, the 6th congressional district of Georgia will hold a special election to replace Tom Price, who was recently confirmed as Secretary of Health and Human Services (?!). 45 only won the 6th district by one percentage point. That's the slimmest margin of victory for a Republican in years. Help turn Georgia blue by supporting Ossoff, a Democrat, in the special election. Even if you don't live in Georgia, you can still help by spreading the word to get Georgians out to vote. Join Ossoff's campaign here:
- Women: Run for office. EMILY's List is recruiting and helping thousands of women run for office at the state and local level. If you're a woman who's concerned about 45's agenda, why not step up and run for office? If you're interested, let EMILY's List know here:
Today, the New Mexico Senate became the 35th state legislative chamber to approve the National Popular Vote bill. The bill now goes to the New Mexico House of Representatives. Here are some things you can do to help pass the National Popular Vote bill in your state and guarantee the presidency to the candidate receiving the most votes in all 50 states and D.C.
- Email your state legislators. Use this form to email your state legislators and ask them to support the National Popular Vote bill: http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/tell-your-legislators-support-national-popular-vote
- Watch and share videos. To learn more about the National Popular Vote campaign, watch the video playlist at the following link, then share it on social media to help spread the word:
- Resistance Calendar: Michael Moore has created the Resistance Calendar, where you can find every upcoming action, protest, march, sit-in, town hall, anti-Trump, pro-democracy event in all 50 states. You can also post your own actions so everyone can see them. Find upcoming resistance events near you here: http://resistancecalendar.org/
- Right-to-Work Laws: Republican lawmakers in state legislatures and Congress are aggressively pushing so-called "right-to-work" laws. They’re paving the way for corporations to increase their power in workplaces and in state and national politics. These laws lead to weaker unions, less bargaining power for working people, and lower wages for all workers. Sign this petition to tell state and federal lawmakers to oppose these laws:
- Protect Federal Data Programs: With a new Congress and administration, it is important to reiterate to policymakers the importance of federal data programs. Our Federal statistical and data systems provide information that is uniquely accurate, objective, relevant, timely, and accessible. America’s families, firms, and policymakers are able to make informed decisions because they have open access to this unbiased high-quality information. Sign this letter to ask MoC to support and fund federal statistics: http://apdu.org/2017/02/08/help-support-federal-data/