- In a pair of tweets early this morning, Trump said:
"I will be asking for a major investigation into VOTER FRAUD, including those registered to vote in two states, those who are illegal and....even, those registered to vote who are dead (and many for a long time). Depending on results, we will strengthen up voting procedures!"Sign this petition to members of Congress and all public officials to let them know if there is an investigation into voting in the last election it should be an investigation into VOTER SUPPRESSION, not baseless allegations of “fraud”: http://site.pfaw.org/site/R?i=rewWFDGKhLrjGexi3ghcww
- This afternoon, President Trump signed two executive orders that directly attack our immigrant and refugee communities. The executive orders will further militarize the border, increase deportations of undocumented immigrants, seek to end sanctuary cities, turn our backs on Central American children fleeing violence allowed into the US, and direct the Department of Homeland Security to build an unnecessary and costly border wall. Sign this petition to tell Speaker Ryan to stand up in support of immigrant families and oppose President Trump’s executive orders: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/f80dafaad566d7bf195e54c5406499cc88489f41
- This week, Donald Trump is expected to sign executive orders blocking refugees from seeking safety and restricting immigration from Muslim countries—the beginnings of a Muslim ban. The administration has backpedaled on Trump's call for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States." Donald Trump can act alone with his executive orders, but that doesn't mean Congress is voiceless. Sign this petition to call on members of Congress to go on the record and vocally reject Trump's Muslim ban: https://act.mpowerchange.org/sign/reject-muslim-ban/?t=1&akid=113.104910.CJRIEO
- Sign this petition to tell the Trump administration that walls, bans, and divisive politics don't represent us: https://www.ofa.us/stand-up-for-american-values/
- Take action in your area. Connect with local activist groups with Stay Nasty America: http://staynastyamerica.strikingly.com/
- Trump will soon announce his nominee for the stolen Supreme Court seat, from a group hand-picked by conservative extremists. He’s set to select someone who will turn back the clock to the 19th century. Use this form and script to call your senators and tell them that if they don’t oppose dangerous nominees, we will hold them accountable at the ballot box: http://www.weekly-resistance.online/
- Trump has come out of the gate confirming that he is indeed a threat to our climate. But these pipelines are far from being a done deal. The Keystone XL pipeline was rejected because it was determined not to be in the country's best interest, and the environmental review of the Dakota Access Pipeline was ordered because of the threats it poses to the Standing Rock Sioux's water supply. Show President Trump that we will continue to fight these pipelines every step of the way:
Send him a Tweet here: https://www.addup.org/campaigns/fight-back-trump-approved-keystone-xl-and-the-dakota-access-pipeline/tweet/1-24-17-kxl-rapid-response-tweet
Sign this petition to the White House: https://www.addup.org/campaigns/fight-back-trump-approved-keystone-xl-and-the-dakota-access-pipeline/petition/fight-back-trump-approved-keystone-xl-and-the-dakota-access-pipeline
- Use this form to email Trump and tell him that you firmly oppose his efforts to revive the Keystone XL pipeline and fast track the Dakota Access pipeline: http://www.nrdconline.org/site/R?i=UXKE19JTEvGi0BCdpSpTyA
- The Sierra Club is organizing The People's Climate March on April 29 in Washington, DC. If you can make it, RSVP here: https://sierraclub.tfaforms.net/126?data=817abf33b0617305af4ef88348e9c06ba93094752056d57edd6dcea5f4cb76ab811066e58032d8e664de4e22fe2cfd97&id=70131000001DmnNAAS
- Call your senators and tell them to reject Trump's appointment of notorious "foreclosure king," Steve Mnuchin. Enter your phone number into this form to be connected to the Senate and use the call script to make your call: https://blocktrumpscabinet.com/mnuchin
- Betsy DeVos, Trump’s candidate for Secretary of Education, is spectacularly unqualified. At her first nomination hearing, she was unable to answer basic questions about education policy, but did announce her opinion that people should be allowed to bring guns into schools because of grizzly bear attacks. She also has an enormous potential for financial conflicts of interest, with 102 problematic conflicts already identified.
Her hearing has been postponed to wrap up on January 31st. Call your senators and tell them that Betsy DeVos absolutely must not be confirmed at Secretary of Education.
Find the number for your senator here: https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?OrderBy=state
Call during business hours and use the following example script:
Hello. My name is [NAME] and I’m a constituent of [Senator____]. I’m calling because I’m concerned about the nomination of Betty DeVos as Education Secretary.
It is clear that Devos has a severe lack of knowledge in America’s public school systems or any viable plan for how to improve them. The majority of America’s school children attend public schools. We cannot leave their futures and the future of our country in the hands of a woman whose ideas to privatize school funding have already left the state of Michigan and its children in shambles. Her financial conflicts of interest are also staggering.
I urge [Senator __] to use his/her voice in Congress over the coming week to make clear that Betty DeVos should not be confirmed, and that President Trump should nominate a new, more qualified person for the position of Education Secretary. The future of our country is depending on our vote. Thank you for your time.
- Use this form to email your senators and tell them to oppose DeVos: http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/o/50796/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=20683
- Trump has just named Ajit Pai as FCC chairman. Pai has a history of siding against net neutrality. Use this script to call Chairman Pai and urge him to protect net neutrality and support our online rights: http://act.freepress.net/call/internet_pai_nn/