- Call your legislators to let them know that you stand with Planned Parenthood: https://www.istandwithpp.org/call
- Check out the Planned Parenthood Defender Guide for ways that you can help support them right now: http://d.shpg.org/262567022f
- Sign this petition to tell the Senate to block climate-denier, RexTillerson, from becoming secretary of state: https://www.dailykos.com/campaigns/petitions/tell-the-senate-block-climate-denying-friend-of-putin-rex-tillerson-for-secretary-of-state
- Sign this petition to tell the Senate to block climate-denier, Scott Pruitt, from becoming administrator of the EPA: https://act.credoaction.com/sign/block_pruitt
- Sign this petition to tell Trump's press secretary to stop lying to the public: http://act.freepress.net/sign/trump_alternative_facts/
- From the National Abortion Federation: Tell Your Senators to Stop Sessions! The Senate Judiciary Committee is scheduled to hold a vote on Attorney General nominee Jeff Sessions tomorrow, Tuesday January 24th. There's still time to take action today and tell your Senators you won't accept an Attorney General willing to ignore threats and violence targeting abortion providers.
Sessions has a long record of opposing protections for abortion providers and we have serious concerns that he will not adequately enforce the laws that protect abortion providers and their patients from threats and violence:
- As a Senator, he voted against an amendment to create a "Women's Health Care and Clinic Security and Safety Fund" that would have ensured enhanced safety measures for reproductive health care providers and clinics;
- He has also repeatedly voted against protecting abortion providers from violence by rejecting an amendment introduced by Senator Schumer, that would have prevented perpetrators of violent crimes against abortion providers from evading fines by filing for bankruptcy; and
- Sessions has been endorsed by the extremist anti-abortion group Operation Rescue.
Below is a suggested script for your remarks. Please feel free to personalize:
I urge Senator _______ to oppose the nomination of Jeff Sessions to be the next Attorney General. Jeff Sessions cannot be trusted to fairly enforce the law, particularly when it comes to holding anti-abortion extremists accountable for their criminal activities. Sessions is not fit to be Attorney General and I hope I can count on Senator _______ to vote against his nomination.
- On January 18th, the Department of the Army published in the Federal Register its Notice of Intent to require an Environmental Impact Statement. This is another small victory in defeating the proposed Dakota Access Pipeline.
The fight, however, is still not over. While the EIS is exactly what we called for, we must ensure that it fully takes into consideration tribal treaty rights, natural resources, cultural and sacred places, socio-economical concerns, and environmental justice. We need your continued support as this process moves forward.
Submit a comment to the Civil Works Division and show the Army that #MillionsStandWithStandingRock: https://actionnetwork.org/letters/submit-your-eis-comment-to-the-army-corps
- Sign this petition to tell Congress not to cut programs that protect women from sexual violence: https://act.weareultraviolet.org/sign/no_cuts_ovw/
- Sign this petition to tell Congress that the renegotiation of NAFTA must benefit the people and our climate: https://sierra.secure.force.com/actions/National?actionId=AR0066474
- Join the AAUW's 10 Actions/100 Days campaign by adding your name to their electronic postcard to demand that women's priorities be America's priorities: http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=AFhvUooTq%2BnRoKXu1nMbseVxIczxQbBS
- Use this form to email your senators and share concerns over Trump's cabinet nominations: http://bit.ly/riggedcabinet
- Use this form to email your representatives and tell them to protect the ACA: https://goo.gl/W9kGsX
- Tomorrow, a group of organizations are coming together to rally at senators' local district offices and tell them to oppose Trump's cabinet nominations. Find an event near you: https://act.moveon.org/event/stop_trumps_swamp_cabinet/search/
- Join Project 1461 to find local actions you can take every day of Trump's term: https://project1461local.com/
- Use this form to email your legislators and tell them to support the National Popular Vote: http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/write6
- From today's Rogan's List: "There is a meme going around saying that the organizers of the Women’s March want to get an accurate count. If you took part in the March in any way, please text 'Count Me' to 89800. Counting open until 1/24. It seems that the group doing this is not actually the march people (look at the small print at the bottom of the meme), but an organization that wants to help others get involved. This is the group: http://www.itstimenetwork.org/"
- Protect Planned Parenthood! On February 11, there is a call for protests at Planned Parenthood centers around the country seeking to lend support to defunding the organization. Call your local Planned Parenthood to see what help they need and rally your friends to counter these protesters (peacefully, please). To see if there is a protest planned against your local Planned Parenthood check this website and know that more may be added: http://protestpp.com/locations/
- Write to your representatives to protect Planned Parenthood! It might seem old-fashioned, but it's a lot more work to write and mail a paper letter as compared to an email – and your members of Congress know it! That's why they pay more attention to mailed letters. When they rip that thing open, they know you really, seriously care.
- Step 1: Look up your representatives and find their mailing addresses here: https://secure.ppaction.org/site/SPageNavigator/pp_ppaf_electedOfficials
- Step 2: Use these sample talking points to write your letter: https://secure.ppaction.org/site/SPageNavigator/pp_ppaf_IStandWithPP_0117_TalkingPoints_c4.html
- Step 3: Personalize a copy of your letter for each representative.
- Step 4: Hand sign your letters and mail them.
- Pledge to join the Reproaction resistance and tell Trump and Pence that we will fight for access to abortion and reproductive healthcare for all: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/pledge-to-join-the-resistance/
- Sign this petition to stand in solidarity with Linda Sarsour against bigoted right-wing smears attacking her for helping to organize the Women's March: http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/sign-the-pledge-imarchwithli
- Sign this petition to tell Trump to reverse the global gag rule and protect reproductive rights: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/727/120/941/trump-reverse-the-global-gag-rule/
- Download the Countable app to learn about what your legislators are doing and share your opinions with them: https://www.wired.com/2014/05/countable/
- Use The Washington Post's browser extension to fact check Trump's Tweets as you view them: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/16/now-you-can-fact-check-trumps-tweets-in-the-tweets-themselves/
- Check out these seven books for information and inspiration as you prepare to fight for the next four years: https://www.bustle.com/p/7-books-about-activism-to-help-prepare-you-for-donald-trumps-presidency-31030